Lightbox Group Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect on you
We may collect and process the following personal data:
The information you give us – You may give us information by filling in forms on our website, corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise, subscribing to our services, using the services provided by our website, or reporting a problem with our website. We may also request information from you to verify your identity. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and any comments or further information you provide.
Information we collect about you – When you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone numbers used to call us.
We use this information to ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner.
We do not ask you to provide sensitive personal data – i.e. data about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, or information including genetic data, biometric data (for the purpose of uniquely identifying you, data concerning health, and data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation. If you do provide such information, this will be treated as an indication that you explicitly consent to us processing it.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- to manage our website and conduct internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistics collection, and surveys;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive features of our website;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
to measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising and deliver relevant advertising to you, where permitted
Using your data in accordance with The General Data Protection Regulations (The GDPR)
1. Consent: We may provide you with marketing information about our services or products where you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so.
There is no obligation from you to provide us with any information. However, by providing information to us, you are enabling us to better provide any product information or services to you.
How long we keep your information for
When your data is no longer required for the purposes listed above, we delete it as soon as possible. All data will be deleted within seven years.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with or disclose your information to:
• business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
• third-party suppliers and service providers for the purposes listed under the ‘How we use your information’ section above;
• selected third parties, so that they can contact you with details of the services that they provide, where you have expressly opted-in/consented to the disclosure of your personal data for these purposes;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website, and other selected third parties;
• law enforcement or fraud prevention agencies, as well as our legal advisers, etc.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if we, or a substantial number of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our customers and others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirements, or otherwise for the prevention or detection of fraud or crime.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have a number of rights under the GDPR in relation to the way we process your personal data. These are set out below. You may contact us using the details on our website (or by contacting us directly – details below) to exercise any of these rights, and we will respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request.
Please address any questions, comments, and requests regarding our data processing practices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Number Description of right
- Right 1 The right to access personal data held by us about you.
- Right 2 The right to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.
- Right 3 The right to erase personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data (in line with Right 6, below).
- Right 4 The right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): you dispute the accuracy of the personal data held by us; or where you have the right to require us to erase the personal data but would prefer that our processing is restricted instead; or where we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for, but you require the data for the purposes of dealing with legal claims.
- Right 5 The right to receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation at your request.
- Right 6 The right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you).
- Right 7 The right to withdraw your consent where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services or products).
On occasion, we are required to report certain diversity statistics. In order to do this, we may undertake automated profiling. We do not store this information.
If you have any questions regarding our policy or any requests in relation to your rights, please contact our designated data protection officer:
Tel: 0208 299 8399
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal data or are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Last reviewed on 1st May 2018.